|Should I Consider a Self Installed Stairlift
There are a number of self installed stairlift models being offered direct to the consumer on the internet.
There are number of key issues to consider when finding stair lifts.
1) The main reason someone would consider a self installed stairlift is the perception that they would save money.
2) In actual fact...a good quality used, installed stairlift may be less money when stairlift buying than a new self installed stairlift.
3) There are some new stairlift manufacturer models that are being installed by stairlift dealers that are actually very close in price to a self installed stairlift so why bother trying to install the stairlift.
4) A stairlift is similar to a furnace..you rely on it to work continuously. This means that if you can get a local company to supply an installed stairlift for close to the price of a do it yourself model then this would be the best solution.
5) A local stairlift installation company can assist you in selecting the best stairlift model that will meet your specific needs.
6) Some companies selling new stairlift models direct to the consumer on the internet are indicating that it takes only one hour to install the stairlift. This is very misleading in that it will take you over an hour to just open the boxes and orientate yourself to the parts, never mind install the lift.
7) Installing a stairlift is for a technically inclined person regardless of what is being said in the market place.
8) A stairlift is a mechanical device that requires either regular maintenace or service support.